E Shram Card: Online Registration Complete Step-by-Step Process, Benefits of e-Shram Card, Check Payment Status, and Balance
E Shram Card is a digital platform launched by the Government of India to provide social security benefits to unorganized workers and laborers. The e-Shram card is a unique identification number that will be issued to workers working in the unorganized sector.
In this article, we will discuss various advantages and financial benefits of the E-Shram Card and how it can help unorganized workers. The major benefits associated with having a Shramik Card include a pension after the age of 60 years, death insurance, financial assistance in case of incapacity, etc.
The primary objective of the e-Shram card is to provide entry for all unorganized workers to all the new government welfare schemes and facilities through the e-Shram portal.
Benefits of the E-Shram Card
The E-Shram Card is a revolutionary step taken by the Government of India to provide social security benefits to unorganized workers. The card will help in providing easy access to services and benefits to workers in the unorganized sector.
It is a digital platform that will make the process of availing benefits more efficient. If you are an unorganized worker, you should apply for the E-Shram Card to avail yourself of the benefits provided by the government.
Benefits of the Shramik Card
- Social Security Benefits: The e-Shram Card provides various social security benefits to workers in the unorganized sector, including life and disability cover, health and maternity benefits, old age protection, and education benefits.
- Easy Access to Services: With the e-Shramik or Shram Card, workers can easily access government schemes and services. They can apply for loans, insurance, and other benefits using the card.
- Portability: The e-Shram Card is portable, allowing workers to use it anywhere in the country. They can access services and benefits in any state using the card.
- Digital Platform: The e-Shram Card operates as a digital platform, reducing paperwork and making the process of availing benefits more efficient
The unorganized worker having an e Shram card can avail following benefits:
- A pension of Rs.3,000 per month after the age of 60 years.
- Death insurance cover of Rs.2 lakh and financial assistance of Rs.1 Lakh in the case of partial disability.
- If an e-Shram Card holder dies due to a sudden mishap, the spouse will avail of all the benefits.
- e-Shramik Beneficiaries will receive a 12-digit UAN number valid throughout India.
E Shram Card Details: Eligibility and Registration Process
|Name of the Govt. Scheme
|Ministry of Labor and Employment
|Unorganized sector workers
|Rs.3,000 per month
|Death insurance cover of Rs.2 lakh and Rs.1 lakh cover for partial disability
Definition of Unorganized Sector?
The unorganized sector consists of businesses or organizations that offer services, and products, or produce them and have fewer than ten employees. The ESIC and EPFO do not provide coverage for these units.
Unorganized workers include anyone employed in the unorganized sector. Unorganized workers also include those persons who work from home or are self-employed and are not members of ESIC or EPFO.
Eligibility for E Shram Card?
- Any worker working in the unorganized sector.
- The age limit for unorganized workers must be between 16-59 years.
- Workers must have a valid mobile number linked to a valid Aadhaar card.
E Shram Card Registration | Apply Online
E-Shram Portal has been launched by Union Employment Minister Bhupendra Yadav. Through E Shram Card Registration, a national database of all the unorganized sector workers will be prepared, which will be seeded with Aadhaar. Due to this laborers, street vendors, and domestic workers will be linked together.
The name, address, educational qualification, type of skill, family-related information, etc. will be entered on the portal. Along with connecting the workers together, many types of facilities will also be provided to them through E Shram Card Registration.
Both the CSC (Common Service Centre) and the e-Shram portal are available for submitting applications for the e-Shram card. Eligible people can apply for the e-Shram card by going to the nearby CSC center. Candidates can use the e-Shram Portal to find the closest CSC center by entering the state and district.
The steps for submitting an online application to get an e-Shram card are as follows:
- Visit the official portal: e-Shram portal (Self-registration page).
- Enter the Aadhaar-linked mobile number and the captcha code and then click on the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the OTP you received and then click on the ‘Validate’ button.
- Verify your personal details that display on the screen.
- Enter the required details, such as residential address, educational credentials, etc.
- Pick the skill name, the nature of the business, and the type of work.
- Enter your bank details such as bank account number, and IFSC Code, and select the self-declaration.
- Click on the ‘Preview’ option to confirm the details you entered and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Again, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the OTP you got on your number and then click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- Finally, the e-Shram card is generated and shown on the screen.
- This e-Shram card can also be downloaded by clicking on the download option.
Documents Needed for e-Shram Card
- Aadhaar card.
- Aadhar Linked Mobile Number
- Bank Account
How to Download E Shram Card
After duly filling in all the application details for generating the e-Shram card, follow the below procedure to download the card:
- Visit the e-Shram portal.
- Navigate to the ‘Already Registered’ tab and choose the ‘Update/download UAN card’ option.
- Enter the UAN number, date of birth, and captcha code, and then click on the ‘Generate OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP received and then click on the ‘Validate’ button.
- Confirm and Preview to verify your details, and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- Your e-Shram card is generated and shown on the screen.
- The card can also be downloaded by clicking on the download option.
E Shram Card Payment Status: How to Check Balance in e-Shram Card?
- First of all, you need to visit the e-Shram portal.
- Then Click on the ‘E-Aadhaar Card Beneficiary Status Check’ link.
- Enter your e-Shram card number, UAN number, or Aadhar Card, and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You can see the e-Shram payment status.
E-Shram Card Helpline Number
e-Shram card helpline toll-free number (From Monday to Sunday) – 14434
e-Shram email ID – [email protected]